What is Gary Vaynerchuk’s current net worth?
|Net Worth:||$160 Million|
|Age:||44 years old|
|Born:||November 14, 1975|
|Country of Origin:||Babruysk, Byelorussian SSR, Soviet Union|
|Height:||5 ft. 8 in.|
|Source of Wealth:||Entrepreneur, Social Media, and Angel Investor|
Would you want to meet someone who has made the hustle a successful choice? That would be Belarussian bestselling author, entrepreneur, and angel investor Gary Vaynerchuk – and that description barely even scratches the surface, currently sitting at about $160 million in net worth!
Vaynerchuk is currently the CEO of his communications company brainchild, VaynerX, where he makes what he is famous for possible – bite-sized video clips with an inspirational slant. This mini-biography will follow his journey from child entrepreneur to a traditional salesperson to what people recognize him for today: a social media business maven.
He authored a book to deliver wise tips for startups and young investors. His wisdom has been drawn straight from experience.
Early Life Before Being Wealthy
Vaynerchuk was born in the Soviet Union, in the area now called Belarus. In 1978, his Jewish family migrated to the United States when he was just a toddler. He grew up in Queens, New York but later moved to Edison, New Jersey.
Gary V, as he was also called, had his beginnings in business with his family’s wine business. It has been reported that he has transformed it from a 3 million USD worth business to a 60-million USD one.
As a child, he started off experimenting with entrepreneurship, through starting a lemonade stand. He had the early interest to get himself started. He was also lucky to have the charm to pull it off.
When he was still a teenager, Gary V also worked on small businesses. He earned money selling all kinds of products, such as flowers and baseball cards. This early success continues to manifest and evolve.
Career To Gary Vaynerchuk Net Worth
Even though Vaynerchuk has found a definite niche in e-commerce, he started with a modest attempt in the liquor store business. Though traditional in its brick and mortar format, the company was successful enough to warrant the opening of branches in other states. Winelibrary.com, which stemmed from his family’s wine business, was more successful, though.
In 2006, something changed. Gary V rose to fame, thanks to the YouTube channel he launched. It was a platform that he used to share his wine reviews. Of course, it was also a means to promote his wine business.
The wine business vlog channel was just the beginning. As his following grew, he became more popular to the point of guesting for TV appearances. His use of social media to strengthen his brand is what made him stick to people’s minds.
These days, his vlogs do not just involve wine reviews, but countless other inspirational content. He provides advice on his blog about business, finances, and even happiness. His candid take and open sharing of his struggles endear him to his audiences.
As of 2020, Gary Vaynerchuk’s net worth is estimated to be $160 million.
Favorite Quotes from Gary Vaynerchuk
“Passion is an unmatched fuel. Add being happy to that and you have a wonderful formula for good health.” – Gary Vaynerchuck
“Developing your personal brand is key to monetizing your passion online.” – Gary Vaynerchuck
“There’s no such thing as perfect. Chasing ‘Perfect’ is the shortest road to not achieving it.” – Gary Vaynerchuck
“Love your family, work super hard, live your passion.” – Gary Vaynerchuck
“Life shrinks and expands on the proportion of your willingness to take risks and try new things.” – Gary Vaynerchuck
“I put zero weight into anyone’s opinion about me because I know exactly who I am. Can you say the same? When?” – Gary Vaynerchuck
“Being cool has nothing to do with age; it has to do with how solid your identity is.” – Gary Vaynerchuck
Advice from Success
After learning Gary Vaynerchuck’s net worth and career path, we can gather some insights on how he became successful.
As a social media content creator, author, and entrepreneur, Gary V has rolled out several tips for his followers through the years. So, we will focus on some of his best ones here:
- Never stop working: Vaynerchuk is the perfect role model for this advice. He started as a young boy selling lemonade. Then, he continued transforming his ideologies and practices to suit the demands of the times.
- Age does not matter: Again, this is something that Gary has proven to be accurate, with his own experiences. As a young child whose main focus should be playing, as a well-to-do teen who could have been looking for fun, and as an adult who could have retired with what he has – he has shown a knack for business.
- Failure is not the end: Vaynerchuk is not a stranger to failure, either, though it may seem as if he has had a truly charmed life. He continues to try working hard on various ventures, whether or not he was successful just before launching his new business idea. He learns from his failures and modest successes.
- Value your perspective: Gary is not advising would-be entrepreneurs to discard other people’s ideas. He simply wants them to trust their gut feeling. Sometimes, your chosen strategies will only bear fruit after giving it a try.
- Prioritize yourself: This may sound like pure selfishness. However, the Belarussian-born entrepreneur believes that for someone to perform well, he must be able to take care of himself first.
- Build strategic content: Vaynerchuk advises young entrepreneurs to keep on producing content. The content paid for or not, should be of high quality and should serve as a means to build the trust of the target audience.
- Repurpose content according to the medium: Longer format content can be converted to smaller pieces that can be published on social media, directed at those who prefer the audio-visual delivery of content. This flexibility to change is what keeps Vaynerchuk relevant to social media.
These are just some of the numerous golden rules that Vaynerchuk passes on to new entrepreneurs but also practices himself.
Gary Vaynerchuk may have started life with all the advantages of a boy from an upper-class family, but he knows the value of working hard. He began with familiar territory, as he helped his family solidify its wine business in the 21st century. He continues being flexible and open to new ideas and learning from his mistakes, and with that, he was able to amass a whopping net worth of $160 million.