There are dates, and then there are mildly interesting dates. If you’ve ever been on one and its always the same routine, a dinner and a movie, then, the list yore about to read will give you some date ideas to change it up. Don’t ever be afraid to try something new or out of the ordinary; be spontaneous and just do it. I’m sure you’re not that dull.
1. Try and visit as many people as you can in one night, and turn as many things inside their apartment upside down as you can without noticing.
2. Pretend you’ve never met, then loudly try out lame pickup lines in a swanky bar. Act like they worked.
3. Create photo evidence suggesting that you went on an adventure that didn’t really happen.
4. Go for a drive. You can only make right-hand turns. When you finally get stuck, turn around and then you can only make left-hand turns. Repeat until you find something interesting. Take pictures along the way!
5. Build forts out of furniture and blankets, and wage war with paper airplanes.
6. Go to a major chain bookstore, and leave notes to future readers in copies of your favorite books.
7. Write a piece of fiction together. Outside at a cafe. Ask strangers when you get stuck.
8. Go on a walking journey and every fifteen feet draw a chalk arrow in the direction you’re going. At the end of the trip, leave a big pile of chalk.
9. Do the lamest tourist thing in your area that you have both secretly wanted to do forever. Have an unabashed good time!
10. Hide and seek in the park.
11. With camera and pair of boots, make photo log of a day in the life of the invisible man.
12. Walk around the city all night and find a place to eat breakfast at dawn.
13. Go for a drive with a passenger blindfolded, choosing directions at random See where you end up.
14. Dress up as pirate, commandeer shopping carts, and have a war upon the high seas.. er, parking lot.
15. Go on a search for as many good climbing trees as possible, climb as high as you both can in all of them, compile photo evidence.
16. Rent a movie you’ve never seen before. Set on mute and improvise dialogue.
17. Dress up as superheroes and stop at least one petty crime ie. jaywalking, littering…
18. Go to the airport, get the cheapest, soonest departing flight to anywhere when you show up, and stay there for a weekend.
19. Walk around a city and perform short silent plays in front of secure cameras.
20. In the middle of the night, drive to the beach, so you arrive just as the sun is rising. Have a breakfast picnic, then fall asleep together. Bring a sun umbrella.
If you have any other date ideas that you would love to share with us, please let us know in the comments below!